Thursday, September 27, 2012

Perfect Personalized Omelets without the Pan

Good Morning Blog readers, I know it may not be morning but when you are rereading this for your next weekend breakfast it will be. I can't take credit for this creative way to make an omelet. I can take credit for the pictures below, they were yummy. I got this in a chain email several years ago. You know the ones sent from a friend who copied 50 of their closest friends on it. Now it is either a post or a Facebook or Pinterest Post. So, We (my husband and I)tried it at a party and it was a big success. I know our blog is supposed to be about gifts and reclaimed furniture but it is also about the joy in life and these omelets gave my husband and I a joyful Sunday morning brunch. In about 20 minutes total. Here's how you do it: You are gonna need; A pot 1/2 full of water A sharpie, A zip lock bag for each person's omelet 2-3 eggs per person whatever ingredients you like in your omelet. NOTE: The more ingredients you add the longer your prep time will be.

STEP 1 Prep your ingredients


STEP 2 Boil a large pot of Water Note: If you have more than 6 people you will need to boil additional pots of water


STEP 3 Set a timer for 7-10 minutes (we ended up boiling ours for about 9 minutes)

 
STEP 4 Have everyone put their name on their zip lock bag and add the eggs and other ingredients preferred in their omelet.


STEP 5 Check about 1/2 way through try to keep most of the ingredients in
 the water and adjust accordingly
STEP 6 Remove from the water with tongs, open and slide onto a plate, add salsa, extra cheese etc and Enjoy. And don't forget the OJ of Course! Cindy Pitts Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment